KIRSTY ALLSOP HANDMADE FAIR AT RAGLEY IN WARWICKSHIRE
Please let me know if anyone would like some complimentary tickets to country file live, either the thursday, friday or sunday. At Blenheim palace in Oxfordshire.
- 3L Filtered Water
- 4kg White Sugar
- 6 Unwaxed Lemons
- 2 Limes (Optional)
- 125g Citric Acid
- 45 Elderflower Heads (picked in the sunshine and free of bugs)
- Add the sugar to the water in a large saucepan and apply heat until boiling.
- Meanwhile slice the lemons and limes.
- Once the water and sugar mix (syrup) is boiling remove from heat and immediately stir in the citric acid.
- Whilst the syrup is still very hot, add the sliced lemons and limes and the cleaned elderflower heads and stir.
- Leave the cordial in a cool place for 2-3 days, stirring occasionally.
- Strain the elderflower cordial through a sieve and muslin to remove the flower heads and sliced lemons and limes.
I like to store my elderflower cordial in the freezer in 1L soup and sauce bags (available from Lakeland) to enjoy all year round.
Has been a wonderful but hectic day!